Equal Housing Opportunity

What are we doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19? Click to read.

A structural fire can cause extensive damage and injury, but there are steps you can take to keep your home safe.

  • Keep small appliances, such and irons and hair dryers, unplugged when not in use.
  • Don’t overload electric outlets.
  • Use the correct size light bulb for light sockets. Do not install bulbs that are too powerful.
  • Don’t run electrical cords under rugs, furniture or boxes. Check cords regularly for signs of fraying or wear.
  • Keep your stove top and oven clean, and do not leave foods cooking while unattended. Keep potholders and towels away from the stove.
  • Test smoke detectors frequently and replace batteries when needed.
  • Store matches and lighters in a safe place out of the reach of children.
  • Make sure storage areas are clean and free of clutter, and never store flammable liquids, such as gasoline or kerosene, in your home.
  • If a fire occurs, get out of the building first, then call 911.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This